The HelpDesk Company: Cloud Services For Accounting Firms
Are You Looking for Ways to Increase Efficiency In Your Accounting Firm? It’s Time to Embrace Cloud Computing
Technology has become a crucial part of everyday business operations, and companies are continually looking for new technologies to improve their efficiency. Adopting new technology tends to feel risky for many companies since there are many factors to be considered, especially data security. Cloud computing is an example of such technology.
What Does Cloud Computing Entail? Cloud computing is the delivery of computing services, such as storage, databases, servers, networking, intelligence, and analytics over the cloud (the internet). In recent years, cloud-based computing has become a buzz in the business environment, and more companies are adopting it every day. That said, many accounting firms are implementing these solutions since they have realized that cloud computing services offer businesses a lot of other benefits other than data security.
What are the benefits of Cloud-based Computing Solutions for Accounting Firms?
- Accessibility of Data: The modern workplace is propagated by easy access to company data. Your employees expect to have access to up-to-date files and data when both in and out of the office. Cloud computing ensures that you can easily access your data from anywhere, at any time, and using any device. With cloud solutions, accounting firms can also quickly implement (BYOD) Bring Your Own Device plans to enable the accessibility of their data by their employees.
- Increased Employee Productivity: Physical data storage equipment requires a lot of maintenance tasks. Cloud computing removes the need for these tasks, so your IT department can accomplish more critical duties and achieve more important business goals. Cloud computing also maximizes general employee productivity and efficiency by ensuring that data is readily available. This enables them to work from anywhere and allows them to collaborate and share files easily.
- Increased Employee Collaboration: Effective collaboration is a top priority for any organization. Without it, employees are unable to work as a team. Cloud-based computing makes collaboration a simple process by enabling team members to view and share information easily and securely across a cloud-based platform.
- Enhanced Security and Data Protection: Cyberattack cases have been on the rise, and attacks are continually becoming more sophisticated, and no company is safe. Cloud computing solution providers offer a broad set of technologies, controls, and policies that strengthen your security and help you protect your apps, data, and general IT infrastructure from potential cyber threats.
- Scalability: As your accounting firm grows, so does your IT needs. The cloud is easily scalable. If you need extra resources, you can increase your computing capacity instantly. You can also quickly scale down as your IT demands decrease. With cloud solutions, you are charged on a pay as you go basis, meaning you only pay for the extra resources you have used.
- Flexible Working Hours: Cloud computing provides greater flexibility in how employees work. Since it is internet-based, your staff can access files both in and out of the workplace, enabling them to work remotely or in the office. This gives employees more flexible working conditions and cuts down on the amount of office space they need.
- Faster Implementation and Time Value: Deployment time in cloud computing is virtually zero. Critical applications can also be available online almost instantly, giving you a strategic competitive advantage over competitors who have not yet adopted cloud technology.
- Disaster Recovery: While there’s not much you can do to completely prevent or even anticipate disasters that could potentially harm your accounting firm. However, there is something you can do to help you quickly recover from one. Cloud-based services provide quick data recovery solutions for all kinds of emergency scenarios.
- Cost Saving: With cloud computing services, you don’t need hardware as everything is hosted on your provider’s servers. This means savings can be made on the cost of hardware and, besides, you can dispense with the costs of running your own data center. You won’t need to pay for space, power, physical security, insurance, and air-conditioning or need to cover the costs of ongoing maintenance.
Are you thinking about moving to the cloud? At The HelpDesk Company, we are ready to help you leverage the cloud for your business; we mainly serve Richmond and VA Metro area. Consult with us now to determine what cloud solutions will meet your firms’ needs.