What Is Network Security?
Network security is the collection of actions taken, and the hardware or software technology used, all with the purpose of securing and protecting the integrity of your networks. These security measures help ensure the safety of your proprietary data and maintain the unhindered usability of your networks, keeping both safe from access by unauthorized users.
Partnering with a managed IT services provider like The HelpDesk Company for IT support to secure your network and data can protect your business, your clients, your investment, and your reputation.
What Are The Different Types Of Network Security Services You Can Get From The HelpDesk Company?
- Access control: Network Access Control (NAC) is a process by which we oversee every activity happening on your network. It is obvious that you would want to keep your private networks safe from potential hackers, NAC helps you achieve this. We block a potential attacker by shutting them out, thus protecting your data.
- Antivirus installation and management: Almost all of us have seen a Trojan virus in our computers one time or the other. These viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware are the malware or the “malicious software” that can damage your networks.
- Application security: Some companies have custom software applications designed specifically for dedicated industry workflow. While these applications are not as likely to be security risks, these still connect to a company’s network and therefore are at risk of exposure.
- Data Loss Prevention: In big multinational companies there is a vast volume of data at risk of unauthorized access if not secured. Your business may be smaller, but your data is just as valuable to a hacker. To avoid a breach, employ Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technologies through which you can control the sharing and in some cases even printing of your operational or client data.
- Virtual private network: A virtual private network (VPN) is a personal network that ensures the safety of your data and network both.
What Makes Network Security Services Worth Your Investment?
Whether you like it or not, the world has become dependent on technology. The more we grow, the more technology grows with us. With all the data saved in your private accounts and company accounts on your computer, you need the help of an insured and trusted managed IT services provider that will provide network security – detecting problems at any stage and applying the required fixes.